Visitors need to book a time slot and pay for a tour ticket in advance of visiting the Caves and please bring your booking confirmation with you.
The number of visitors on a tour of the Caves at any time is being limited to 20 people to ensure we can keep everyone safe.
You will be asked to wear a face mask during the tour.
Before booking, we recommend that you read the rest of this information.
You can book your date and arrival time BOOK A TOUR here and we look forward to welcoming you.
CAFÉ – The Café will be open and we will also be offering a takeaway service.
The café will look a little different as we have reduced the number of tables and chairs to ensure tables are spaced out to ensure social distancing, but have also been able to provide additional seating outdoors for café customers.
Our café is open for those who don’t have Cave tickets and we ask that you queue and obey all social distancing of the one way system to get to the café.
TOILETS – Toilet facilities will be available, but we urge you to go before you leave home.
GIFT SHOP – The gift shop will be open and you will be able to browse without touching. The cave staff will be able to help you if there is something you would like to purchase.
- Booking system to manage visitor numbers
- Measures to comply with NHS test and Trace
- Restricting visitor numbers to ensure social distancing
- New ways and guidance on moving around the caves and cafe when you visit
- Ensured the right measures have been put in place where food and drink is served both in the café and with the takeaway service
- Increased cleaning and anti-bacterial hand gel stations
- Operating a cashless system as much as possible
- Our staff will be working behind screens in certain sections
Please respect the rules and guidelines for your own protection and the safety of others. Those that do not follow the guidelines may be asked to leave. Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Book a tour time online and arrive on time for your tour, not too early or late to help avoid congestion
- Keep two metres away from other visitors as much as possible
- Follow the one-way systems and follow information signs
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds after using facilities
- Use hand sanitiser when necessary
- You will need to wear a facemask during a tour of the caves and we would encourage you to wear a facemask in the other indoor communal areas
We look forward to welcoming you and appreciate you visiting and supporting us and we hope you enjoy your visit.
Please do not visit if you have any Coronavirus Symptoms.
Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable and we regret that we are unable to cancel or refund bookings.
Please have your booking confirmation ready to show us on your arrival, either printed out or on your phone to show us. We will confirm how you will enter the caves for your tour.
Following the latest government advice and legislation we do ask that all visitors wear a face covering.
You can use cash but we request that where possible you use contactless card payment.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call the Caves on 020 8467 3264.